These categories may overlap. It will be your choice to pick the category you wish your image to be entered in.
The InFocus Committee reserves the right to change the category of your entry if they deem it necessary.
You are encouraged to enter color or black and white in any of the categories.
Below you will find examples for each category. Please click on any image to see full sized.
Thank you to last few years participants for these lovely examples!
1. BLUE ZONE - NATURAL MOVEMENT - Sponsored by Adventist Health Sonora
- Blue Zones Project-Tuolumne County is a new community health and well-being initiative making healthy choices easier in our county. One of the driving "Power 9" goals for healthy living is Natural Movement. The category illustrates people, families, groups, moving in their every-day life (not in a gym) Images may include gardening, walking, yoga, dancing, dog walking, biking or other activity in natural settings.
- Includes but is not limited to landscapes, seascapes, panoramas, time-lapse, outdoor scenes, sunsets, farms, light painting, night shots, aerial photography. These images depict an expanse of scenery. The subject is the scenery and not individual elements of the scene.
3. MAN MADE
- The subject of the image is manufactured, created or constructed by human beings.
- From “Gnat to Whale”, “Domestic to Wild” “Loved to Feared.” May include: Birds, mammals, insects, reptiles, rodents, amphibians, fish and other marine life, domestic pets; any living creature other than a human (they have their own category).
- A living organism of the kind exemplified by trees, shrubs, herbs, grasses, ferns, and mosses, seeds, bulbs, algae and fungi. May be a macro or close up image or an entire “landscape” if the plant(s) are the subject of the image.
- People images may be photos of groups or individuals. The image could be a staged portrait or could be a spontaneous moment. The people or person is the subject of the image.